Pear & Zucchini Soup
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5-6 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 ripe pears, peeled, seeded & diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage leaves, cut into ribbons
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add butter and olive oil.
- When butter melts, add onions, celery and carrots: cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add zucchinI, pear and sage. Cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable stock, potatoes and 1 tsp. salt.
- Place lid on pot and reduce heat to low. Simmer until vegetables are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. With an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir In the heavy cream. More stock can be added if the soup Is too thick.
- Bring to a simmer and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve garnished with spoonful of blue cheese crumbles.