Cauliflower Soup Parmesan Crisps
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flake
- 2 lbs. cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock (homemade or recommended: Kitchen Basics
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 parmesan crisps
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium heat and add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until softened, but not browned.
- Add cauliflower, bay leaves and stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Add parmesan and stir until smooth.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, make the Parmesan Crisps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Spread the cheese in six separate circles in even layers.
- Bake about 10 minutes until cheese is golden brown and crisps.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from baking sheet and garnish each soup bowl with a crisp.