Grilled Bleu Cheese & Apple Sandwiches
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 12 slices pumpernickel or whole wheat bread (or 1 package pumpernickel or whole wheat cocktail bread)
- 1 ½ cups Amablu or St. Pete's Select blue cheese crumbles*
- 2 Gravenstein or Fuji apples
- apple butter
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the remaining butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place 2 slices of bread, butter side down, in the skillet, top each slice with ¼ cup of the
- Amablu crumbles and several slices of apple, and place another slice of bread on top spread
- with apple butter, buttered side up.
- Cook until the sandwiches are golden brown on the bottom, then carefully flip the sandwiches
- over and brown the other side.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a serving platter. t
- Repeat the process with remaining ingredients.
- Slice the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and serve.