- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 c sugar juice of three oranges, separated
- zest of one orange
- One quart Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
- chopped pistachios for garnish
- Pour juice of two oranges and zest over fresh cranberriesin medium size saucepan.
- Add sugar, stir and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have popped and thicken into a sauce.
- Remove from heat to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile mix juice of the other orange, brown sugar and liqueur with the mascarpone cheese.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of cheese mixture in the bottom of a white wine glass or champagne flute.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the cranberry mixture.
- Alternate layers finishing with cranberries.
- Top with chopped pistachios. Refigerate until ready to serve; at least one hour.