- 1 large tortilla or pizza crust (your preference)
- 1 cup fresh basil pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1.5 cups sliced fresh tomatoes, lightly salted & peppered
- 6-7 slices fresh mozzarella
- Olive Oil, to drizzle
Additional Topping Suggestions:
- Sliced Prosciutto
- Chopped Roasted Red Pepper
- Andouille Sausage
- Artichoke Hearts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly brush a pizza screen or stone with olive oil.
- Place tortilla or crust on pan/stone and spread basil pesto to cover leaving about a 1/2 inch outer edge.
- Arrange tomato slices.
- Arrange Mozzarella slices in between tomato slices.
- Drizzle with high grade olive oil.
- Bake in 425 degree oven until crisp (about 12-14 minutes).
- Cut with pizza cutter in wedges or squares after letting it rest for a minute or so.
- Drizzle with a bit of Balsamic Vinegar after baking for a true Caprese flavor.