Blue Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 ½ cups Amablu or St. Pete's Select blue cheese crumbles*
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan until crisp.
- Remove from pan to drain and crumble leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Saute onion in the bacon grease until translucent.
- Add cheese until it starts to melt.
- Add cream, stir and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until all the cheese is melted.
- Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Cook your favorite pasta al dente; pour sauce over pastaand garnish with crumbled bacon bits.